Saturday, April 30, 2016

small victories, heaving lungs


A wee 4 miler this morning.

Not HORRIBLY painful, but not sprightly and lithe either.  The first mile was like death of 1,000 cuts, but I managed to find a pace of sorts after that.  I wasn't fast, but I was faster than expected.  It was not too bad.  That's the best I can say about it.

The Mets CRUSHED The Giants last night.  A 45 minute, 12 run, 3rd inning that set a franchise record for most runs in an inning. Cespedes hit a double and a Grand Slam in that inning.  Michael Conforto did what Michael Conforto has been doing.   Hitting doubles in the gap like there was a sale on 'em.  Seriously, they beat The Giants like The Giants owed them money.

I thought about this and other things on my run this morning.  Mostly I thought about running etiquette and why the same group of 5 walkers block both lanes of traffic every f***ing morning.  I mean, come on.  Did you learn nothing as a child about manners?  I wished very unhappy, un-tranquil, wishes upon their heads.

I also thought about pain.  I mean, I always think about pain when I run because it always hurts.  I thought about pain, I conquered pain and I considered ending all this pain by switching to another sport, like knitting or checkers.  I also thought about cheeseburgers.

After I finished my run I came home and made my smoothie; Flax seed, Chia Seed, Goji berries, Cacao powder, almond milk, non-fat yogurt, banana, frozen blackberries and peaches.  I then made todays lunch; roast chicken, kale salad & some hummus.  I played with the Captain for a bit and then got on my bike and rode to work.

My ride today was MUCH easier than my past rides.  Maybe its the Amino Acid Supplements I have been taking?  Door to door its about 30 minutes.  I love my new job by the way.  It kind of suits me perfectly.

Man, I am all loopy brained this morning.  More water and more caffeine please.  Until next post!

Ciao.




No comments:

Post a Comment