Tuesday, April 19, 2016

if the Mets can turn it around then so can i



Last night the Mets came through.  The Captain (David Wright that is, not my cat) jacked 2 homers and Noah Syndergaard pitched out of a few jams.  Granted they were playing the Phillies, a skid mark of a team if ever there was was.

I could hear the crowd at Philedelphia's Citizens Bank Park heckling and booing through my t.v.,  louts and troglodytes all.  They were particularly harsh to Mr. Lucas Duda screaming "DUUUUUUUDAAAA" every time a pitch came down the pipe at him.  That is until he JACKED a homer into the upper deck silencing the crowd.  Mr.  Neil Walker stepped up next and crushed another home run, extinguishing any last vestige of hope from the surely mob.

I went to bed feeling proud of my boys in orange and blue and the Captain (my cat not Mr. Wright) purred away in acknowledgment.  I was tired and before I knew it Morpheus beckoned and off I went to the land of dreams.

I had skipped my recovery run Monday and decided to try a short, slow, 3 miler this morning to put some life in my legs and to see how my knee would hold up.  It was a little rough at first, but I found my stride and managed to keep a 10 minute pace for 3.5 miles.  I got home, drank my smoothie, took a shower and rolled away on the foam roller.  

My knee feels a little sore, but it feels firm.  When I wake in the morning there is stiffness everywhere, but I feel like I can chalk that up to my, generally horrible, stretching practices (or lack thereof).  It's another part of a long checklist that I am working through.  Stretching, working out, diet, dating, health insurance..... it's a long list.

We have about 65 cases of wine coming into work today so I imagine I will get my workout wether I like it or not.  I must remember to take my time and not try to haul too much.  I can't risk a f***ed back right now.  I need all parts in working order as my race is Saturday morning.

I am going to run 5 miles tomorrow and then I am going to take off Thursday and Friday.  I am going to rest, hydrate and sleep.  Like my Metropolitans I am in this to win this.  I may suffer some setbacks, but I will come back stronger with better pitching and so-so hitting.... Oy.

Lunch today!  Lentil salad with a hard boiled egg and poached chicken in a yogurt miso dressing.

I'm eating a LOT of lentils.



No comments:

Post a Comment