Sunday, April 3, 2016

LET'S GO METS!!!!


You would not think today was opening day for the Metropolitan's.  It's 35 degree's out and windy as shit.  Going up Hell Hill today (a good name for that bastard) with a 30 mile wind in my face was like getting a colonoscopy with a Super 8 strapped to a cold aluminum baseball bat.   No fun. No gracias.  No mas.

But mas I did.  And mucho mas at that (if I may say so myself).  8 miles people.  I ran 8 miles at a 10:27 minute pace.  Which is not terrible for me. In fact, its pretty damned good. Granted, I would like to get that time down to an 8 minute pace, but that may take a tick.  It was not always pretty, it was not always graceful, but I did it.

I almost didn't.  Truly.  I lay in bed at 7 AM and the wind was HOWLING.  It looked very grey and seemed that it could rain, or even snow, at any moment.  I went back to sleep for an hour and when I woke again the sun was out and I could not make any more excuses.  Off I went and though I hate to admit it every time I start running I feel better.  Almost immediately.

I felt pretty strong until mile 7 and then I thought I might have to stop.  I felt tightness in my calves and my knee was starting to twinge a little.  I just slowed my pace a little until I felt rested. Fortunately my second run up Hell Hill gave me a little bit of motivation and that helped me get through the last mile.  It felt great.

I did have a "am I going to shit my pants?" moment today.  That was amusing.  I don't know about you guys, but since I have started running I have been farting like crazy.  I mean, maybe its my legume heavy diet, but I fart. A LOT.  Anyway, I was running along and felt the urge to release a intestinal cumulus or, perhaps, a stratocumulus.  I looked behind me to make sure I wasn't releasing a toxic cloud on a fellow runner.  Seeing that the coast was clear I made my intentions known to my rear.  Nope, not a fart.   I managed to brake in time and keep a disaster from happening.  It was a close call though.  Maybe I should find where the WC's are in the park.....

I'm gonna take it real slow tomorrow and try to keep my run to 2.5 miles. Just a wee run.  Tonight I hope to catch the Mets game somewhere.   Harvey is on the mound and I have high hopes for my Metsies this year.  I wonder if they read my blog?






No comments:

Post a Comment