Wednesday, April 27, 2016

the lackluster sheen of a spent turtle



I ran 3 miles this morning.

I tell ya, the hardest part was getting out of bed!  I did not want to see what this run was going to have in store for me.  I dreaded getting dressed and the 43 degree temp outside (at the end of April no less) did not help.  I tried these new Nike Compression tights this morning and I must say their large must be for large hamsters, 'cause squeezing into these was like squeezing a holiday ham into an argyle sock.

The run went fine.  I huffed and puffed a bit more than usual and kept at it until I made it to and around the park.  I stopped at 3 miles because my legs are still a little worn down from Saturday and i'm in no rush to start training hard.  I want to build strength and endurance slowly so when I begin to train in earnest I will be ready.

My bike ride was harder today.  I ride to and from work 5 days a week.  Each round trip is around 11 miles.  It's mostly downhill to work and conversly all uphill on the way back.  I go over The Manhattan Bridge which boasts a pretty good climb in both directions.  Today was just tougher than usual.  I felt winded.  I'm pretty sure running and cycling muscles are distant cousins at best.  My legs  did not seem to want to aid my ride in any way.  Dicks.

I had a guilty pleasure for dinner last night.  Pernil with rice and beans.  It's generally enough for two from my take-out place, but I ate nearly all of it.   I housed that bastard for sure.  So this morning I paid for my sins with a very sluggish run, nearly an 11 minute mile.  I am aiming for a run Friday and I hope my legs are in better condition then.

Brown rice and chicken again for lunch.  For my sins....




No comments:

Post a Comment