Tuesday, April 12, 2016

a couple days of crap



Yup.  A couple of days of crappy runs.

My plan of 9 miles on Sunday was sabotaged by some late night hanging with friends Saturday night.  I only managed 5 miles on my Sunday run and didn't get out at ALL on Monday.  I did managed about 3.5 this morning and will try for another 5 tomorrow, but I am discouraged.

Sunday was a shit show granted, but the thing that has been concerning me is my left knee.  I skipped Mondays run due to soreness and actually did fine on my run this morning, but I do have some soreness still.  I think I need to commit to my foam roller and work out my IT Band as I have heard that often times knee soreness is a direct result of tightness in your IT Band.

I ran with CHRC this morning.  That's my running club.  I was very happy with the results although I felt very worn out by the end.  But I managed to actually talk while I ran.... for a little while anyway.  It was nice to almost be able to keep up with the pack.  I will make the 12 miles pizza run with them soon enough.  Oh yes...

I started a new job and, although the money is a lot less than my last gig, I am much happier.  I also love my hours because they don't really get in the way of my training at all.  I think I am going to treat myself to some thai food tonight and some Mets baseball.  Hopefully they will wake up because this is an awful start to a very long season.  I went to the game on Sunday and treated myself to a Shake Shack burger.  The Mets got killed by the Phillies so I took comfort in Cheeseburger.

A smoothie for breakfast and Quinoa and a hardboiled egg for lunch today.  Go me.

Adios compadres and LETS GO METS.




No comments:

Post a Comment