Saturday, April 9, 2016

tomorrow and the inevitability of suffering



Sunday is mañana. I am going to try for 8.5 on my run.  I am a little concerned because there is definitely some stiffness in my calves and in my ankles.  My tendons seem a little taut.  I think I have a date with the foam roller when I get home today after work.  Also, starting Tuesday, I will start riding my bike to work which I hope will act as a little bit of a cross train to build up my legs.

8.5 miles.  Lets just call it 9 if I can swing it. I think I can do it if I don't struggle with time and just run at a pace thats comfortable.  It would definitely be an accomplishment.  Just think amigos, three months ago I was running like a diabetic turd trying to get up a hill.  I envision me a year from now and I look...... glorious.

But tomorrow has to come and I have to get through it.  I may treat myself with some Squab for dinner tomorrow night with roasted asparagus and lentils.  I love Squab.  Whenever I make Squab I feel like I am in Dickensian England.  On some estate somewhere surrounded by lush gardens and gossiping country folk.  And really, any excuse to gussy up some lentils works for me.  I deserve it dammit.

Captain Marmalade (my cat for you not in the know) has become very supportive of my running.  He no longer wakes me at 4:30 in the morning, but actually lets me slumber until 6:30 or so.  He is a decent chap and I appreciate his kindness.  Actually I think he is a serial killer trapped in a cats body. Sometimes he looks at me like he is sizing me up for something horrible....  eeeeeeeeeeesh.

I have been pretty good about my diet, but last night I had two late night hot dogs after a few cocktails. Still, when I weighed myself this morning AFTER my breakfast smoothie I was 206.  That means I have lost 30 lbs!  20 more to go and then I treat myself to a day starting at Russ & Daughters, followed by Katz's deli, finishing up with a light snack at The Great New York Noodle Town.  Goal made.  Treat achieved.

Off to work I go compadres.

Adios!


No comments:

Post a Comment