Monday, May 2, 2016

knee pain and the maladies of midlife



My left knee hurts again.  The inside of my left knee.  It's not a sharp pain, but a dull constant ache that refuses to go away.  Stretching has had no effect either positively or negatively.   It worries me.

I will have benefits again in a few weeks and I will go check it out then.  I hate the thought of it being something serious.  I keep hoping it will just go away.  The funny thing is that is doesn't hurt when I run.  Only after.  Weird.

I am without a bathroom for he next 4 weeks (due to renovations) which is going to make training interesting.  I will have to shower after runs at a neighbors house before I go to work.  I might just run on days when i'm off or close the shop (because I start at 1 pm).  I want to keep it to 4 days a week.  I should have a pretty good run this weekend in PA.  I will be able to run some pretty good hills.

Its been raining a bit in NY and its starting to get a little depressing.  Over all I feel kind of down in the dumps. It may be the fact that my apartment is a work zone, or the fact that my knee is bothering me.  I feel uprooted.

Spring is a funny time.  It always fills me with expectation.  I feel like a kid in the Spring.  Full of wanderlust and distracted by everything.  Highs and lows and yearnings of all sorts.

Man, my brain is a jumble right now.

Ok, off to bed.  I am rambling.

Sweet dreams folks.


No comments:

Post a Comment