Friday, April 22, 2016

the horror.....the horror.... race day.....


The Mets lost last Wednesday because they couldn't hit a freakin' single.  Sure, they seem to have the long ball down.  More so, it seems, then anyone in major league baseball.  But can they hit when they need to? When runners are in scoring position?  That remains to be seen I suppose, but right now it ain't happening.

My first race is tomorrow morning at 8 am in Prospect Park.  10 K and I am shooting for a 10:00 minute pace time.  I think I could do better, but my knee is still bothering me a little bit, so I am going to see whats what as I run and adjust accordingly.  I would like to finish in an hour, but we'll see.

I am excited for tomorrow.  For dinner tonight I am having brown rice, yams, broccoli, carrots and avocado.  I don't want a bunch of gunk slowing me down mañana.  LOTS of water today too.  I took yesterday and today off and did not ride to work today.  I really want a true rest day today before my race.

I'll post more tomorrow afternoon.  Fingers crossed.


No comments:

Post a Comment