Wednesday, April 13, 2016

holy crap sticks......


So that was interesting.  I think my body was angry.  I think I may have upset my knees, or shamed them at least.  Was it the 1/2 ribeye and charred broccoli I had for dinner last night?  The half bottle of Burgundy?  The Mets getting shamed ONCE AGAIN by an (on paper anyway) inferior Marlins squad?  I don't know, but my body must have been holding in some aggression because I ran 5.4 miles this morning in a....... wait for it......

8:44 MINUTE PACE!!!!!

That my friends is a FULL minute off my prior best time.  I nearly died on Hell Hill, but I rallied and kept on rallying until I got home.  No sense.  No sense at all.  Maybe it was Noah Syndergaard's incredible performance last night that inspired me.  13 K's.  The guy is a beast.  Too bad the Mets couldn't support him with a couple of runs.  It's heartbreaking. 

I rode my bike to work today and I got to tell ya, riding a bike uses very different muscles than running.  OUCH.  I must have looked like a drunk manatee huffing and puffing up the Manhattan Bridge this morning.  WOOF.  I really hope the bike aids in strengthening my legs. I would be pumped if I didn't have to add a gym routine.  I just want to train without spending too much $$.

My bike route takes me through Chinatown which could be dangerous as roast duck and rice with some Chinese broccoli is my idea of heaven.  But, hopefully, I will be eating with credit soon as I am racking up some calorie points.  Running is like frequent flyer points for fat dudes!

The weather is definitely starting to take a turn in Nueva York.  Looks like Spring may have finally sprung.  I can't wait for some warmer weather runs.  I am starting to even feel a little slimmer.  I was 202 lbs after my run this morning.  So close to getting under 200!  I am going to Franny's for Pizza on Sunday with my neighbor who is also a rockstar runner.  I won't even consider going for a run with her yet.  She is on a whole other level.

Ok.  Got to run.  Things to do.  My lunch today is a little better; leftover ribeye, quinoa and broccoli!

Ciao


No comments:

Post a Comment