Thursday, March 3, 2016

Why are my legs assholes?


Seriously, my legs are a bunch of assholes.  They make no sense.  They hurt when they shouldn't, they don't when they should.  They feel like tree trunks dipped in tar... always.

They suck.

2.5 miles yesterday.  Ran to the park, quick stretch and then did my loop.  I was not quite in agony the whole time, but I was not comfortable.  After, I did a follow up stretch and ran home.  It was like running on clouds.  I felt great.  Why is this?  It's INFURIATING!!!

Maybe I need a 2 mile warm up.  Or new legs.  I don't know.  I have noticed a remarkable difference if I stagger run and stretch.   I hate the idea of running a mile or 2 and stopping to stretch, only to start again.  I feel it in my heart of hearts that one shouldn't stop at all.  That this, somehow, would be admitting defeat.  I have an inkling that this is completely ego based and has no real resonance in my overall well being.  But again.  What the fuck do I know?

One day, I tell myself, ONE DAY I will feel good while I run.  I see in the distant future a vision of me running AND holding a conversation, fluidly and lightly.  In this fantasy i'm always running in the woods or along some incredibly awesome coastline with some equally lithe and springy partner ......  sigh.

Oh,  GOOD NEWS.  I weighed myself this morning and I am UNDER 220 for the first time in 6 years!!!!!  So there are little victories.  There are things to be excited about. I am doing the twist in victory, internally.  

On the diet front;

  • red meat consumption is down significantly
  • booze is down considerably
  • eating lots of beans and lentils (my poor cat)
  • sweets and chips intake is at an all time low

One day friends. One day.  I will fit into skinny jeans and look damn fine.   I will rock a speedo like I was born on Ibiza.  It will happen.  Oh yes....


- El tortuga 

No comments:

Post a Comment