Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Feeling Groovy


Yesterday morning I ran a 3/4 mile warm up, a 3.5 mile run and a 3/4 mile warm down.  I ran 5 miles.

THIS morning I weighed myself.  I have lost 20 pounds.  I am becoming a believer I think.  I am pretty excited about my training.  I am actually starting to feel a little depressed on days when I don't run.  This new life style is getting pretty groovy.

I have been keeping pretty strict about what I eat and drink.  I feel lighter.  Internally and externally. I mean, i'm still 216, but I feel like I have dropped some baggage.  I have also realized that my world view and overall outlook is becoming more positive.  I am slowly becoming that positive puckered asshole that I have always wanted to kick.  What the fuck is happening to me?

The weather is starting to warm up and it is starting to feel like spring.  I can't wait for my run tomorrow.  Starting my training in the fierce cold of winter was a good idea I think.  Now I have a few months of warm weather to contend with before the soiled diaper that is August in New York arrives. I imagine I will have to run at 4;30 in the morning then.... Yuck.

"Bid me run, and I will strive with things impossible" - Billy Shakespeare

This is getting weird.  I have almost too much energy, or it may just be this second cup of coffee.

I'm out!

- El Tortuga flaco


No comments:

Post a Comment