Thursday, March 10, 2016

Down for the count....

Tuesday evening I met up with some old, dear, friends. We went to a Szechuan place that I am rather fond of and ate like kings.   We seriously pigged out.  It was a grand evening. When I got home I drank some water, watched some TV and went to sleep.

I woke up multiple times that night and noticed that my legs were extremely sore and swollen.  I was a little alarmed because I was planning a 5 mile run in the morning.  I woke up a few more times in the night and started getting a little concerned.  Was I just sore from Mondays run?  Was it the sodium in the food I had enjoyed at dinner?  What?

I woke up Wednesday morning and decided to try to do my run anyway.  It was rough going for about a mile and then I started to find a pace.  Then, suddenly, at mile 2 I stopped.  I was exhausted. Out of gas.  I couldn't run another step. I walked the rest of the loop and then headed home.  I was really upset.

When I got home I realized that I was shivering and that all my bones seemed really sore.  I also noticed a slight headache and a lot of mucous.  My energy was really low and I felt warm to the touch..... AHA! I exclaimed to myself.  I have the flu.

SO now its Thursday and I am wrapped in a blanket.  I hope I can manage a run by Monday.  Being sick sucks.

sniff. snort. hack.



No comments:

Post a Comment