Saturday, March 19, 2016

five miles


I ran 5 miles yesterday.  I had a pace time of 10:44.  Not exactly cruising, but I will take it.  I am trying to ease back into my routine and I assume that will take some time.  I am definitely finding it hard to get excited about my run each day.  I think the flu and not running for a week crushed my mojo a little.  

I am trying to pay attention to each run and the stages of suffering I go through. It usually takes a mile for me to wake my legs up and get past the initial discomfort.  After that it ebbs and flows. There are good sections and tough sections.  I still get frustrated when people spring by me like wee fawns. How do they run so gracefully and light?  I still run like the Tin Man in wooden clogs.  

I have been training sans music.  It's different.  It really makes me focus on what I am going through, the good, the bad and the ugly.  I find that it is mostly ugly, but that doesn't mean that there are not moments of zen, flashing moments of hope.  But, yeah, mostly its sucky.  

This is going to be a big week for me.  I want to get a four day week started (that was supposed to be last week, but the flu destroyed that hope) and I am going to start supplementing bike riding into my routine.  I want to keep the pressure on and keep doing until it becomes natural.  

It's supposed to snow tomorrow.  Hopefully it will wait until the afternoon, AFTER my run.   

Adios compadres!






1 comment: