Wednesday, March 16, 2016

El tortuga and the woes of gravity



That was painful.  9 days since my last run.  Laid out by the flu for an entire week.  Full of anxiety this morning as I dressed for my run.  I started briskly.  I felt light on my feet, my legs felt great, my lungs were.... strained, but seemed healthy considering they had been flu ridden for the past week.

I was, frankly, amazed that I felt so good.

I felt good for about two and a half miles and then the tank started to empty real fast.  I made it just over another mile and then had to stop.  I was a little bummed, but I need to put this into some sort of context.  If I run a 5K four times a week I will be in great shape. Also, i'm coming off of a flu and it's hard to start again.  For now I just need to get out there, four days a week, and do what I can.

Patience is key.

I want to consider whether or not it will be necessary for me to focus on distance.  On pushing myself to and past a limit.  If I run so far that I cannot run the next day... is that too far?  I want to run my 10K next month.  I want to build up to a half marathon.  Will I need to run farther?  Can I be healthiest running less?   Or am I just developing excuses?

These are important questions.

Ok.  I'm tired.  Buh-Bye.






No comments:

Post a Comment