Friday, March 4, 2016

Snow Day!




Much like Rocky training in the snowy wilds of Siberia, I also braved the snowy wild this morning.

Yup.  No biggie. Just me, my sneaks and about 1/16 an inch of snow underfoot and in my face.  I'm a stud.  Yeaaaaaaahhhh, me and my running peeps were out in full posse mode.  Funny, I didn't see any cyclists.... Their dresses must not have made it back from the cleaners....

I tried something new today.  I ran the opposite way around the park.  I always assumed that it was for the weak because you go DOWN the big nasty hill first.  In point of fact, once you get down this nasty hill you run flat for about 3/4 mile and then have a pretty steady climb for about 1/3 of the loop. Ouch.

I got home and had a smoothie and then looking at my Calendar I realized that next week is the beginning of my FOUR day run week.  Until my race in April I will be adding a day a week, Sunday.
I am excited to start ramping up the miles.  I am a little concerned about the wear on my body, but I will pay attention.

Got some chicken cutlets and ground turkey today.  Trying to change the old intake.  I also grabbed some duck.. so there's that.  I'm thinking turkey meatballs are going to become a staple in my diet!

Alright, El Tortuga out!



No comments:

Post a Comment