Monday, March 28, 2016

Rainy Monday


I have a suspicion that I am going to need more running gear.

I ran in the rain today and it kind of sucked.  I imagine a warm summer shower is pleasant, but 40'ish degrees in a downpour is far from fun.  I ran with my running group, The Crown Heights Running Club (CHRC), and I managed to keep up, more or less.  I was gassed the whole time until our pacer (who stuck close to me) suggested that I pay attention to my breathing;

"Are you holding your breath?"
"Well, I'm letting it out slowly..."
"Don't.  Deep breath in.  Exhale."
"Ok."

I tried that and it helped.  Amazingly so.  I imagine it will take me a while to breath correctly all the time, but it is high on my to do list.  Funny I didn't realize, or consider, I was breathing incorrectly.

I just signed up for The Staten Island Half Marathon.  It's in October so I imagine I have some time to prepare.  I need a real plan as I do not want to get injured.  I'm not terribly concerned with time.  I am more focused on form, breathing, and keeping a steady pace.

Ok.  I'm hungry.  El Tortuga needs comida.






No comments:

Post a Comment