Monday, February 8, 2016

I weighed myself last night and I have lost 1 pound since I started running.

Merry Fuck-mas.  I want my money back.

I had an idea that if I started to log 10 plus mile weeks the weight would start falling off, but no. Apparently it is not so simple.  Apparently there is this thing called a diet (DIEt) that I may have to get on board with.  The only reason I am doing this, well there are two actually, is so I can eat whatever I want (and I want to get my blood pressure and cholesterol down to healthy).  I feel like the new guy in D-block during shower time.  Seriously screwed.  Sans lube.

Apparently I am supposed to lift before I run to get my glycol-spastic-thingamajig-shit down (or is it up?) so I can burn fat when I start my run.  I wanted to start running so I didn't have to go to the gym.  AND I am supposed to cross-train on my days off?  I was imagining ass on couch, feet up and perhaps a joint?  This shit is nuts.  I just want to be able to house a pizza and have my newer, sleeker, faster metabolism pay the bill. 

But noooooo, the pizza guy showed up, I paid him, and the box was empty (metaphorically speaking). 

I am running a 5K tonight and then another on Wednesday.  Next Monday I start training for a 10K.  I downloaded a training schedule that offers a 3 day training week, but I am itching to do more.  I want to run every day now. My dearest friend Beth (now Coach Beth) is helping me train and has proved to be an invaluable source of information.  She provides encouragement and restraint when I need it. We are planning on doing a half-marathon next year at Myrtle Beach.  I am very excited.

I have ordered some Running for Dummies books in order to get my mind right and some gel wraps for my knees.  I feel like I am getting ready for battle. I have a bike so I can ride around the park for 45 minutes on my days off.  I think I can manage some lunges, push-ups and sit ups pre-run so I can get my glycol-spastic-thingamajig-shit down (or is it up?).  But this is getting ridiculous.  

I want my pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment