Thursday, February 11, 2016

El Tortuga, salty tears of joy

So! 

Shame Squashed. 

I ran my 5K after all.  This morning, at a snails pace.  It was painful and slow and long, but I did it.  No, well, very little, shin pain and very little foot and knee soreness. I shuffled along, like a duck in stilettos trying to walk on ice, bit by bit until I made 3.1 miles.  Hooray for me.

Now, full disclosure time. I got HAMMERED last night with an old friend.  After four or five Bourbons and a half bottle of wine, I got to bed at midnight and started my run at 7 am.  This might help explain the 13-plus minute mile I averaged.  Ugh.

But I did it.  I even managed to smile a little. I head back to NYC this afternoon and will miss my little Sarasota route.  Back to the park, the cold, cold park. I am very excited to get home and get back to my routine.  I am going to practice restraint in my running and in my diet.  It seems I have managed to gain 3 lbs and that needs to go away.  I now have 43 pounds to lose. I also think the lightness and ease I am striving to cultivate will come more naturally if I too am light. 

So back to Brooklyn I go.  A new club to meet and new challenges to overcome.  I am a fearless terrapin and look forward to everything this running thing can throw at me. Actually I am a pretty terrified tortuga, but one must keep a brave face and all....

Ok Prospect Park, here I come.  And hells coming with me.  HELL is coming with me.







No comments:

Post a Comment