Wednesday, September 14, 2016

short and sweet


The run to Coney Island Sunday sucked.  It was really hard.  One of the friends I ran with pushed me for the first two miles or so and I kinda kept up.  Then they were gone and I fell back.  But I pushed.

It was hot.  REALLY HOT. I brought water but that was soon gone and, though I could have stopped to buy more water, I ran without.  I felt faint at mile six and practically delirious at mile 7, but I kept on slogging along.  When I got to the end my friends informed me that I had not been that far behind.  I didn't believe them.

I checked out my Garmin and it informed me that I set new personal bests in a few categories; Fastest 1 mile, Fastest 5K, Fastest 10K, Fastest 8 mile.  I was pretty stoked.  We had Italian Ices and then took the subway home.  We went to our separate homes to shower and change and then went and gorged ourselves on Pizza and beer.

Tuesday morning I woke up and ran 5 miles.  I gotta say, I cruised. I had a personal best mile (8:40).  I finished much quicker than usual and had a 9:20 average pace.  This morning I ran 3 miles and took it easy, but tomorrow I will try and push again.  Not to the injury point, but enough to challenge myself a little more.

My game plane is still to concentrate on finishing the 1/2 marathon rather than shoot for a specific time, but its nice to know that I can push a little and it won't kill me.


No comments:

Post a Comment