Wednesday, September 28, 2016

made it.  and my knee is weird


The 9 mile run on Sunday was not so terrible.  Well, the last mile was pretty terrible, but I felt pretty great the rest of the time.  There was an uphill that lasted about 3/4 of a mile that was tough and a downhill that sucked (but don't all downhills suck?).  I got a little lost at one point and had to re-route on the fly, but I managed.

I ran 5 miles Tuesday morning and felt pretty terrific.  Knee didn't bother me at all.  I am still pretty slow, but it was a sub 10 minute pace so I can't really complain.  Now this morning i've skipped my run because my legs feel like they need to heal some.  It makes zero sense.  My calves, achilles heel and knee feel beat up after feeling great for the past few days.  I know I could have run this morning, but I think an extra day of rest may better in the long run.

I am riding my bike a lot and I have noticed that the bridges have become easier and that my stamina towards the top of my inclines has gotten much better.  I am really able to dig deeper and push more. I just want to get my race done at this point.  I am really nervous about it for some reason.  I am going to run with a friend that runs at my pace which may help keep me honest with my game plan, in fact we are going to run 10 miles this Sunday.

Lentils with curry and kale and some roast chicken for lunch today.  Time to make my smoothie!


No comments:

Post a Comment