Tuesday, September 20, 2016

i'm injured.  i think


My knee is tweaked.

It's my left knee and it hurts on the inside side.  I couldn't finish my 10 K on Sunday and I took a break today.  Hopefully I will feel ok by Thursday (skipping tomorrow as well) to run 5 miles and also on Sunday when I will be (hopefully) running 9 miles.  If I can't run 9 miles on Sunday I am considering dropping out of the race.

And that would suck.

I am a little nervous about this injury.  Will my dreams of running long races be smashed?  Did I try to run too far too soon?  I feel like a half-marathon after 8 months may be a push.  Or is this just something that every runner goes through?  Is it just a tweak?  Will it work itself out?

I think that I will go to Staten Island on race day and try my best.  Maybe i'll end up walking the damn thing.  Maybe I will be picked up for being too slow and suffer that indignity.  Or maybe I will overcome my injury and Chariots O' Fire the damn race.

And if a frog had wings it wouldn't bump its ass a' hoppin'........

Here's hoping I wake up tomorrow feeling fine.


No comments:

Post a Comment