Saturday, September 10, 2016

coney island bound


My run tomorrow, should I choose to accept is, is 8-9'ish miles to Coney Island.   It's a doozy. 

I will be running it with two of my neighbors (now dear friends) who are both much more accomplished runners than I . We will run to Coney, maybe eat some pizza and drink a beer, and then head back via the Q (thats a subway line if you are not familiar with New York).  Ooooooooh, maybe some clam strips too..... and a Nathan's hot dog.   

I am extremely nervous about this endeavor.  It will be my longest run to date and the first really "long" run going into my final few weeks of training.  I feel pretty good, but have still remained a little sluggish on my last few runs even though I seemed to be running faster than usual.  I sleep well and eat..... pretty well.  I have been drinking a little more than usual as of late, but not going nuts.  

My friends will push me on this run.  I know this.  I may end up trailing behind, but I will push my self, too a point, to keep up as best I can.  This is not about me hurting myself.  This is about getting in the miles and, perhaps, enjoying a new route.  

Maybe enjoy is too strong a word.

After this run its all gravy for the rest of my Sunday.  The Giants have their opening game at 4pm and I will be able to watch the Mets try to beat up the pesky Braves at 1.  There may be pizza, there maybe nachos.  Hell, there may even be some sort of salad.  I know there will be ice for my knee's and a refreshment or two for me.  

I will have, hopefully, deserved it.  

Tonight its a Mets game, some stew and a LOT of water.  







No comments:

Post a Comment