Friday, September 23, 2016

5 and still alive.  will 9 feel fine or will i just cry like a baby?


Ran 5 yesterday on the wonky knee.  It was not bad.  I felt really strong the last few miles.  The rest of the day felt fine on my knee, but it was a little stiff this morning.  I ordered a knee brace and will probably use it during the day just to give my knee a break.

I have to run 9 miles on Sunday and I am looking forward to it!  I guess i'll know at the end of that beast where I stand. I'm going to run in Jersey so it will be a new route. I think the change of scenery may be a pleasant distraction.

I am going to try and eat something before the run.  For some reason the fear of eating before a run is up there with shark attacks for me.  I am fairly convinced that I will poop my pants if I eat before a run.  I'll give myself an hour to digest.  That should cover it.  I hope.

Two weeks until the race!  I am very excited and nervous.  I will probably slow down everything these next two weeks to keep the abuse on my joints to a minimum.  I need to remember that I am in this for distance, not speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment