Thursday, August 4, 2016

slow and sweaty wins the race


Four miles today at a 9:50 pace.

Definite improvement since January and the 15:00 miles.  It was a terrific run.  I ran through all the morning soreness and managed to keep up a pretty good pace.  I sweated what felt like a gallon of sweat and have to say that it is a GREAT feeling to come home drenched.  What a nice feeling of accomplishment.

I skipped riding my bike ride into work today because yesterday my legs felt pretty tight after my morning run and during my bike ride to and from work.  Giving the legs a day of rest.  I am now off until Sunday when I will attempt 5 miles for the first time since before breaking my toe.  I'm looking forward to it.

I have been looking into "scenic half marathons" on the old interwebs and 3 stick out in particular; The Key West Half Marathon, The Bermuda Half Marathon and The Bar Harbour (Maine) Half Marathon. http://www.runnersworld.com/bucket-list-races/9-best-destination-half-marathons/slide/2
I think any of these would be a treat and a great excuse to get out of town!  But I digress, lets get through The Staten Island Half first.

Not much too report.  Second week of training almost done and I feel good.  My weight is still lingering around 210, but I am eating lot of fruit and salad and hope that with longer runs come a big spike in my weight loss.  I am gunning for 185!  I should't put too much thought into it, but if I'm going to make the effort it would be nice to see some results.

Long run Sunday and beach Monday.

Living the dream.



No comments:

Post a Comment