Tuesday, August 23, 2016

gamer


I went on a boat!

We sailed to Fishers Island on Sunday and spent the night.  I went swimming, paddle boarding, I was stung by a jellyfish and I drank at the single most horrifying bar ever; The Pequot. https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-pequot-fishers-island-3

I also got very sunburned.

Needless to say my run this morning was not an altogether pleasant experience, although I did run a sub 9 minute mile at mile 2.  It was nice and cool this morning and the sun was shining.  I finally wore my new Asics G-2000 4's again and miraculously survived without blisters  So, all in all, I can't really complain.   But I had a chip on my shoulder.  Definitely had a chip.

Because this weekend made me think a lot.  It made me think about the limitations I set for myself.

There was a lot of picture talking on this trip and I was really upset when my buddy took a picture of me and texted it to me.  I looked really out of shape.  It really shocked me.  I mean, I know I am not skinny by any stretch of the imagination, but I thought I was getting a little more svelte.  I was upset.  I have to admit it.  Pretty bummed.

I have been running for 8 months now (give or take a week or two) and I am still struggling with weight.  It's very frustrating.  I guess I imagined that running would be a cure all for all my ills.  And in some ways it has been, but I think its time to raise the bar.  I want to start incorporating some sort of high intensity training into my routine.  Running seemed impossible to me and I have, so far, been able to keep up with it.  The HIIT stuff has to start now.

I am fairly petrified at the thought of working out, but it may now be time to overcome that particular fear and get to it.  I imagine there is plenty of stuff on youtube to get me started.  But the weight is going to come off dammit.  I don't think I need 6-pack abs, but something needs to change and change now.

Although 6 pack abs would not be so bad either...





No comments:

Post a Comment