Thursday, August 11, 2016

knees and the foibles of gravity


I have started ending my runs (week 3 of training by the way) by sprinting up 3 flights of stairs near the Brooklyn Museum.  It is TOUGH.  I think it will get me mentally prepared for whats to come AFTER The Staten Island Half, when I start to incorporate stair training and sprints and tempo runs.  Not really looking forward to any of that, but what the hell.  Its the only way I will get any faster and probably the only way I will start to actually lose any weight.

My patella has been bothering me all week.  Not terribly, but sometimes after runs when i'm walking I get a sharp pain in my knee cap.  It hurts like the dickens.  I think I am going to have to start incorporating some burpee's and lunges to my regime to start strengthening my legs and knees.  It could also be related to a tight IT band.  I will try a few different things and see if anything works.

My run this morning was like running in a sauna.  I felt like Rocky at the end.  I sweated through everything.  The heat and humidity are brutal.  I am ready for October already.  This Saturday it is supposed to feel like a humid 108 here.  OY.

I head down to Charleston in September for some food and a nice long trail run or 2.  Stuck up here for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment