Sunday, August 14, 2016

yuck


5 miles in the Pocono's this morning.  Very hilly, very hot and very humid.  It was very slow going and my time was pretty terrible.  But I felt good about my run.  I felt strong.  I rolled my ankle a bit with about a mile to go and kept running through the pain until my ankle felt better.  It feels fine now.

That first mile is always tough for me.  Everything hurts and I just want to turn around and go home.  After about the second mile the pain starts to go away and all is good.  I tried a GU Gel this morning at about mile 3 because I wanted to see what kind of energy it provides.  I couldn't really tell, but I didn't feel as fatigued as usual at the end of my run.  I never eat before runs, though I will plan on eating a bagel with peanut butter before my 9 and 10 milers (and my half).

I head back home tomorrow. I may have to add a day of stairs or something to my training.  I want to burn some fat.  I want to lose another 10 pounds (at least) before the half.  It's very frustrating.  I am probably going to have to cut down on my beers.   Sigh.

The Mets are not doing so good.  They beat the Padres last night and Matz is pitching really well today.   Its been a tough season.  It has been stressing me out a bit. Thank god football season is around the corner.






No comments:

Post a Comment