Tuesday, July 5, 2016

sore legs and a sunny disposition



I went for a run with my running club yesterday morning.  A sunny, meandering, 3 mile run with a mean hill towards the end.  I kept up with everyone which was nice and I even managed to hold bits of conversation.  We kept our pace at, around, 10:30 as the Monday run is a recovery run.  It felt good.

I took down my calendar yesterday and charted my training for the Staten Island Half.   I am using Hal Higdon's Novice 1/2 Marathon regime.  It builds, incrementally, every 2 weeks.  Every 2 weeks the "regular" runs increase by a half mile and the long runs by a mile.  Week 6 and 9 long runs scale back in distance to, I assume, allow for recovery.

The Sunday before the Marathon is a 10 mile run which I imagine I will follow up with a very cold bath to bring down, what I imagine will be, some very swollen legs!  My calves and quads are quite sore today.  I will continue to run 3 mile'ish runs until my training starts on the 19th and then I follow the program.

Nothing new to report otherwise.


No comments:

Post a Comment