Wednesday, July 13, 2016

 oy


Slow run Tuesday.  Really slow and hot.  My leg still feels a little sore so I skipped today and will go for a short one Thursday and a slightly longer run Sunday.  Next week I start my training regime so I want to make sure I get out a few more times this week to keep my legs working.

I'm very excited to start training officially.  I wouldn't say I am without hesitation. It's a LOT of running.  It doesn't really get hairy for a few weeks and then, suddenly, i'm throwing in an 8 miler, a 9, a 10...  Eeesh.

Diet is going well.  I generally have a smoothie for breakfast and a grain or legume salad of some sort for lunch.  Dinner I keep pretty open.  I wouldn't say I go nuts, but a burger is not beyond possibility. For the most part though its a protein and brown rice with some veg.   And water during the day.  Lots of water.

I have a problem with "listening to my body".  For all I know, my body is a lazy turd that just wants to stay in bed.  Maybe it's lying to me?  Today I listened to my body and skipped a run.  My rationalization was that I start training next week and I shouldn't have any back to back runs this week.  That I should keep active, but not stress myself too much.  I'm not quite sure who to listen to in this situation.

My toe is still swollen, but does not bother me at all when I run.  It tends to be bad in the morning, but I assume thats due to lack of blood flow when I sleep.  I'll keep an eye on the little bugger, but I am not too worried.

Ok, gotta run.   Things to do!


No comments:

Post a Comment