Tuesday, July 19, 2016

pace! how low can you go?



9:15 pace run for 3 miles this morning.  I started officially training today.  Tomorrow and Thursday are 2 mile days and Sunday is 4.  I will build up to a final 10 mile Sunday the Sunday before the actual race.  Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday's are back to back lower mile days building up to a 6,5,6 mile stack towards the end.   Saturdays will be a 30, 40 or 60 minute bike ride.

I ran in the Poconos on Sunday and it was SUPER hilly.  I kept it to 3 miles as I didn't want to push before my training ACTUALLY began. I am going to try to do as many of my long runs up there as humanly possible because; 1) it's beautiful & 2) its hilly as balls.  I also have the use of a pool up there which may come in useful after long runs as a way to work my sore ass legs out.

I went out last night and probably had 1 too many pints which lead to a bad take-out choice which doubled me up in the middle of the night.  I'll spare you the details, but it was not a night of rest.  That being said, I did get my ass out on the road this morning.  I made up for my bad choices last night by packing an awesome lunch of marinated cucumbers and tomato's (from my mom's garden), hummus (home made) and some hard boiled eggs (from a chicken).  A little mezze for me.

Mets got crushed by the Cubs last night.  It was bound to happen.  This is going to be a tough second half.  I don't know if I can handle it.  Harvey is out for the season and both Matz and Syndergaard need surgery at the end of the season.  And Wheeler? Well, I am going to assume that we can forget about Wheeler.

The weather is getting really beautiful out there.  Humidity is down and the mornings are cooler.  Good running weather.  I hope it holds up as that running in a sauna shit is for the goddamn birds.  My weight is neither going up or down.  Steady at about 212 which is infuriating.  It'll happen when it happens I guess.

The Captain has been super cuddly recently.  He can't get enough of me.  He purrs like crazy as soon as I get home and if I don't give him attention IMMEDIATELY, he starts mewing like a broken record.  I love that annoying little fur ball.

All right, gotta get to work!  I'll keep you posted.








No comments:

Post a Comment