Thursday, May 5, 2016

lamb, cold beer and a delightful beaujolais ....


Had a delightful 5 miler this morning.

Sure my legs felt like logs and my lungs felt like they had been taken to a cheese grater but, hell, at least I got out again.  I hadn't been out for a run since Monday so I knew it was going to kick my butt.  Nevertheless I got my, soon to be kicked, ass out of bed and made for the loop.

Last evening was a dear friends 41st birthday.

After work I stopped by my local watering hole and had three pints of Sawtooth ESB before heading over to a luxurious lamb dinner where I partook in roasted taters, caramelized onions, peas and buttery haricot verts.  I also partook in some delicious Cru Beaujolais from Jean-Paul Brun.  It was a great evening that culminated in the dinner table collapsing at the end of the meal.  Like a great fighter that spent one round too many in the ring, that damned table just couldn't handle the abuse any longer.....

Of course last nights festivities made this mornings run a little more challenging.  I was sweating like a pig after the first mile, but by the end of the 2nd I was running pretty smoothly.  It wasn't a terribly fast run, but it was good run.  Also, my knees and ankles did not seem too abused which was nice.  I think I may just need to take a few days off when things start to ache too much.  Makes sense when I think on it.  Maybe this is good for me?  Maybe it doesn't always have to be all or nothing.  Maybe I can learn to hang out in the grey from time to time.

Saturday after work I am driving to PA to see my folks.  I'm going to try to get a couple of runs in while i'm there.  That is if I, and my knees, feel up to it!






2 comments: