Tuesday, May 24, 2016

in sickness and in health and with, or without, cat



Cough. Hack. Phlem. Gack.

That was on repeat last night.  I barely slept.  My cold, or flu, or whatever, finally localized in my chest and has been giving me grief.  I sound like a sick donkey.  I would have made soup but still no use of the kitchen.  I have been told that by Thursday I should be cooking again so that is good news.

I haven't trained in days.  I have thought about it, but as I am sick I have decided to rest as best I can until my health is back.  I am getting restless to train again.  To get my routine back.  So I will approach that with caution as I don't want to hurt myself.

For too many reasons to get into, I have had to leave The Captain (my cat) in PA for the week.

ALONE.

I have left him a bunch of food and water and will drive two hours to see him tomorrow night, but I will have to leave him again Thursday morning until Saturday.  This is filling me with TONS of anxiety and remorse.  I understand that people leave their cats alone for a few days, but this is a new kind of suffering for me.  I feel like a bad parent and I probably am.  Sigh.

Not a lot to report as not a lot has been going on.  The Brooklyn Half was this weekend and I really would like to run it next year.  My big toe hurts today for no apparent reason and my hair is getting kind of long.  The Mets beat The pesky Nationals last night with Colon on the mound and tonight Harvey faces Strasburg.  This also fills me with anxiety.  I would like to see Harvey reclaim his greatness and have a big ole W to help him regain some confidence.  Fingers crossed.

I will post soon.  Hopefully I can get a run in by this weekend.  I am looking forward to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment