Thursday, May 12, 2016

better than a cup o' coffee



3 miles this morning.  Better than 2.  Not quite 5.  But it will do.  I think.

I am trying something new.   Since my race my knees and hips AND ankles have been kind of fucked. Often, when I speak to other runners, I am told that I am over doing it.  I think they may be right, or that I need to learn when to push and when to hold back.  This morning I think I could have gone longer, but I held back.

I want to spend the summer slowly building up to a regular 5 mile run.  I had been doing that, but I think I got there too fast.  I want to start doing regular 3 mile runs 4 days a week.  I want to be ready by August to start training for my half.  I want to own that half.  I want to take that half marathon over my knee and spank its lily white ass (hubris acknowledged).

I am frustrated though.  I watch other runners just bouncing along with a freedom that I have only glimpsed upon.  Does this shit ever come naturally?  Will my body one day remember how to run?  I struggle through each run and try to accept the pain, but it would be nice to enjoy running once in a while.  My guess is it sucks for everyone.  They are just better at hiding it.

I am also becoming very aware of the role of diet in my training.  Since my kitchen has been taken out of the picture my diet has SUCKED.  I am finding solace in bars and cafes as I can't really hang out at home (construction site).  Baseball season SHOULD be great for training because I SHOULD be able to stay at home and watch a game while inhaling brown rice and salad!

Alright, ok. No more complaining.  I did feel GREAT after my run this morning.  Full of energy and ready to take on the day.  Better than a cup of coffee and a red bull.  I even managed to get laundry in and its only 9 am!!!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment