Wednesday, June 29, 2016

monday run day


I am going to try to go for a 3 miler on Monday.  Super slow and very easy.  Test this little piggy out. I have been keeping off my feet as best as possible and have been riding my bike a lot.  My weight is down to 211 which is huge all things considered.

My diet is one that I can manage and seems to be working for me; last night:  Lamb chops, Eggplant and Salad.  Lunch today:  Chickpeas, roast chicken, asparagus and zucchini salad with red onion, lemon juice and olive oil.


Tomorrow I will pack a huge lentil salad with a few hard boiled eggs for dinner at work.  I have been ordering delivery Sicilian (square) pies (rule broken... I know) and freezing individual slices so if I come home late and am starving I can pop 1 or 2 slices in the oven.   Not a great plan, but it beats stopping by some take out Chinese place, or downing tacos and nachos, late night.

I got my blood test results back from my doctors visit last week.  The results are phenomenal. My doctor was super impressed.  My bad cholesterol is virtually gone, my BP is down and all the things on my chart that were in the red, 5 months ago, are much better.  I was pretty blown away by the results.  Apparently exercise is good for you.  Who knew?

Its starting to get hot out there.  I have been drinking tons of water at work, about a gallon a day, and will need to be on top of that when I start training again.   I am full of anxiety about starting up again, but I will try to motor through that.  It's going to suck rebuilding from the beginning, but if it was easy everybody would be doing it.

The Mets are now free falling.  It's like watching a car accident.  Everybody is injured and we are not going to make any moves towards acquiring somebody of substance.  Oh well, maybe in a few more years i'll have something to look forward to.











No comments:

Post a Comment