Wednesday, June 8, 2016

limping along day to day


So my toe feels a lot better, but is still quite sore and still looks pretty nasty.  My limp is not as pronounced and I can go up and down stairs with more ease.  I still think I am probably a month away from trying to go out for a jog.  I have been doing tons of push-ups (my broke toe/foot straddling my good foot/heel) and my diet is back in action.

I am still right around 215 lbs (which sucks big, hairy, donkey balls) but I am keeping a pretty good eye on what I eat.  Unfortunately with Montreal looming all bets are gone.  I will probably just eat cabbage and lentils for a month when I get back.

I have started drinking green tea as a coffee supplement. It's not the same.  I find it similar to drinking swamp water.   I still have a coffee in the morning, but I drink the green tea during the day to keep my cups of coffee to one.  I will hopefully start riding my bike again soon.  I still want to rest my foot for another week or so before riding.   I am in no hurry to re-injure my foot.   I swear, I feel like a middle aged man.

The New York Mets are not offering any support either.  They are on a losing streak that shows no signs of slowing down.  We lost both games of a double header yesterday to the Pirates for the love of Krishna.   I could have really used a couple of wins in my injured state.  I need some pep dammit!  Oh well. It's a long season and I will spend much of it on the couch.

Lunch today is a cabbage salad with chickpeas, red peppers, chili paste and roast chicken!

I also had an avocado for breakfast.... and a banana.

Still winning.




No comments:

Post a Comment