Friday, June 17, 2016

for the love of poutine.....




I got back from Montreal on Monday and have been basically living on brown rice and lentils ever since.  My toe is still F'd in the A, but I have been riding my bike and doing tons of push-ups.   I will keep at it.  Weight is around 216 which is not optimal, but under 220 which is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

My cat, Captain Marmalade, may be coming back home Monday as my parents are nervous about having him at their house in PA.  Their fear (and mine) is that he may run out into the street and get squooshed by a car.   I miss the little bugger and would be glad to have him back.

Montreal was amazing.  The weather was not so hot, but the food was redic.  I ate at Joe Beef Friday night and Au Pied de Cochon Saturday night.   Sunday night I ate at a great wine bar called Buvette Chez Simon.    I am still digesting I think.

At Joe Beef we started with a dozen Oysters followed by Razor Clams (with shaved foie gras a top them).  We followed this with a beef "gravlax" and then a 1/2 smoked duck.  We finished with a hazelnut cake and a couple glasses of Amaro.  You can see all this via my instagram. BTW...
https://www.instagram.com/daveygraverson/

At Au Pied de Cochon we went banana's.  We had Oysters, Asparagus and Morel mushrooms with veal demi and a fondue of parmesan, FOIE GRAS Poutine (thats french fries with cheese curds, seared foie gras and foie gras gravy) and an ENTIRE pigs head stuffed with a whole lobster & pommes aligote (thats potato puree emulsified with cheese curds.... OY).   Oh yeah,  it was also sprinkled in gold leaf.....   I would say we did pretty damned good considering it was just two of us.




So needless to say, I need to work out like crazy now to work this off.   I am still limping a wee bit, but I will try to play a round of golf this weekend and hopefully try to go for a run in two weeks.  The 4th of July in fact!

Until then its bike and push-ups.  And a whole lot of lentils.





No comments:

Post a Comment