Wednesday, June 1, 2016

things to be done.



I bought a pull-up bar.  I am going to exercise while I am hobbled.  Somehow dammit, I am going to burn calories whilst I am an invalid.  I think push-ups, pull-ups and planks should keep me busy for the foreseeable future.  I will probably start riding my bike to work again starting next week.  I am off to Montreal next weekend and I foresee about 1,000,000,000,000 calories in my near future.

My first night there (Friday the 10th) I am going to Joe Beef.  They are known for sheer indulgence in portion size as well as just plain caloric blasphemy.  I may have to walk about 20 miles the next day to counter act some of my feasting.  I am looking forward to their wine list as it is apparently quite interesting.  A lot of natural wines and, though I am on the fence when it comes to the "natural" wine movement, I'm hoping to get an education during my meal.

Saturday night we go to Au Pied De Cochon.  If ever a glutton had his Titanic, this meal may be it.  Excess, luxury, fat, fat and more fat.  Chances are I will be throwing up most of this meal, so maybe the calorie count will remain stable Saturday.  Here's hoping I have the courage to go all in and not faint at the sight of all that decadence.  Foie Gras Pizza?  Foie Gras Poutine?  Heaven help me.

Other than that I imagine dinner at a Bistro Sunday and at least 1 poutine a day.  Not to mention the Giant breakfasts and smoked meats for lunch.  I should probably just walk back to New York on Monday..... Oh yeah, there will also be good beer, bagels and real cheese.  I am seriously screwed.

I think my next long weekend might have to be at a yoga retreat.






No comments:

Post a Comment