Saturday, February 11, 2017

gain and loss, gain and loss, gain and loss


So I have put on about 10 pounds in the last month or so.  I haven't been running as much because my knee was healing VERY slowly and then I got sick and THEN there was a big snow.  I'm trying to keep a positive outlook and also realizing that the midst of winter is probably not the greatest time to expect much (though I definitely see a lot of runners out there snow or no).  Either way, i'm hoping to get a run in tomorrow.

I have a work-out plan for my Mondays in mind.  I will do some Bulgarian Squats, Push Ups, Planks, Lateral Lunges and some stairs.  I am going to try and take it very easy for the first few times and let my body adjust.  I want my knees strong for the spring.  I also want to lose about 30 more pounds by May so I need to get started.

I want 3 runs a week, plus my Monday routine, to get me through the Brooklyn Half and then this summer (if I can manage to remain healthy) I will start figuring out my Marathon training (if I get in that is).  I can feel my body getting tight and squeaky from lack of exercise and I hate it.  I remember how miserable I was at the beginning of the Staten Island Half and how I didn't think I could make it 3 miles and then low and behold I was running free of pain and feeling unstoppable by mile 6.  I want that feeling back again.

Tomorrow I will just go for an easy run.  I want to go out for about an hour.  I'll let myself walk if I feel tired.  I'll stretch before and after.  I'l hydrate.  I need to get out of these doldrums and back on the street!!!

Adieu homies.





No comments:

Post a Comment