Tuesday, February 28, 2017

day 1 of training for the brooklyn half


4 miles this morning and an easy bike ride to work.  Today is day 1 of training for the Brooklyn Half Marathon.   I am very excited about this race.  Other than the hill in Prospect Park the course itself is fairly flat so I SHOULD be able to just chug along.  Also, it is in May so hopefully I won't be frozen like I was for Staten Island.

My pace today was 10:30 which gives me some hope that my legs are getting stronger.  I am shooting for a 9:30 pace and, as I have 3 months to get there, I think its doable.  I am going to ride my bike as often as I can and I am working on a 4-5 RPW (runs per week) schedule.  I am fairly committed to eating well for the next 3 months as I have put on some pounds and would like to lose them by race day.

I'm definitely being more cognizant of my stretching and my lungs are starting to get back to where they were before my knee shit the bed.  Just gonna keep at it and see what happens.  I miss running with my running club, but right now my schedule and their schedule does not seem to mesh.

Alright, back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment