Thursday, February 23, 2017

KNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-ow



So I went for two runs in PA this past weekend.  A 4 miler and a 3 miler.  I rode my bike to work both yesterday and today and definitely felt some discomfort during my commute.  It feels like a knot, just above my knee, in my quad.  It doesn't hurt when I run, though I do feel some stiffness.

I started to do some foam rolling, but it hasn't eased up yet.  I plan on going for 4 miles tomorrow before work, with a nice foam rolling session after.  I want to keep at it, but I am also trying to stay very aware of my body and what it is going through.  Tell ya what though, I hate it.

The weather is definitely getting warmer this week and I would like to take full advantage of that.  Get some runs in, hopefully loosen up my legs.  I am very excited for the Brooklyn Half Marathon and feel confident that, if I stay healthy, I will run a good race as I have run every section of it (in some way or other) already.  The hills are in the beginning and the rest is VERY flat.

I hadn't ridden my bike in a few months and BOY can I feel it on the inclines.  One of my goals this summer is to utilize my bike a lot more.  When i'm not running I should be riding.  My buddy and I are already planning long bike jaunts.  Destination rides for pizza and batting cages.

Alright, gotta get back to work.




No comments:

Post a Comment