Wednesday, January 11, 2017

mañana, i'm going for it


Last night I watched my President (Obama, not the great Cheeto) give his farewell speech.  I was humbled, proud, terrified and angry.  The juxtaposition between whats going out and whats coming in is staggering.  One leads by example and speaks with confidence, knowledge and fact. The other is a flim-flam-man of the lowest kind of character.  My fear was (and still is) that we may never see a Presidential President again.

That being said,

Its been just over a month now since my last run.  My knee felt, more ore less, strong walking down stairs today so I am going to take this guy out for a test run in the morning.  I am going to let my knee decide when the run is done and then I am going to have a nice long STRETCH.  If my knee feels better Friday morning I will go for another run Sunday.  I want to take it easy and build back up slowly.  I will have missed 2 races this January and I am not in the mood to miss more in the Spring due to improper training.

I am very nervous about my run tomorrow.  I fear that somehow, in the last month, my body will have lost all that it had been building up.  That the momentum I was locked into will somehow have left the building.  That my body, much like the Nations highest office, has somehow become corrupted and sick.

I guess tomorrow will tell.




No comments:

Post a Comment