Tuesday, January 17, 2017

cold ass monday


Yesterdays was cold.  Super cold.  It was not weather to run in so like a dingbat I went for a run.

That'll show 'em.

I woke up with some lower back soreness that was alarming.  I hadn't really done much stressful activity over the past few days, so I couldn't imagine that it was a pull, but there it was.  Sore and feeling like I had pulled something.  I figured that a nice run out in the COLD would loosen that pulled muscle right up.

I stretched, I swung out my legs, I did some squats.  Ya know warmed up and then took off on my route.  I thought to myself that 3-4 miles would be a good goal.  Something attainable without being too much.  I didn't want to go for 6 and end up hurting my knee.  It still isn't feeling 100% so I don't want to test it.

After about a mile I felt like complete dogshit.  I was cold.  I was still sore from last Thursdays run.  I was hungry.  I had tied my shoes too tightly and my feet hurt.  Literally anything I could think about was making me want to stop and walk home.

But I didn't!

I just kept telling myself that it would get better and, after some more complaining and muttering to myself, it did.  When I got to the big hill in Prospect Park I lowered my chin and ran on up it and then kept going until I got home.  Just over 4 miles that you very much. I was pleased as punch (if not quick as asparagus) and even managed to foam roll (ouch) when I got home.

Now this morning was an altogether new kind of dag-nastery.  The entire left side of my back is sore.  It's not like i'm planning on having another run for a few days or anything, but can I just get healthy already?!?  I mean, i'm just trying to get healthy for the love of vishnu.

Chili when I get home tonight and some more rest.  Hopefully my back will mend in time for the weekend.  Maybe i'll go for 5...




No comments:

Post a Comment