Wednesday, October 5, 2016

only a couple days more.


I ran 10 miles on Sunday!  I ran 4 yesterday.  I ran 3 this morning. This coming Sunday I will attempt to run 13.1 miles in Staten Island!  Considering where I was even 6 months ago I regard this as a pretty major accomplishment.

Unless Hurricane Matthew blows in this weekend and my race is cancelled.  I mean.... what are the odds.  Training for 3 months and a storm may be the ultimate deciding factor.  Either way, I WILL run 13.1094 miles dammit.  But seriously, Hurricane Matthew?  You can't write this shit.

The 10 miles on Sunday was tough, but there were moments of, dare I say, grace?  Moments when I felt perfectly in tune with my surroundings and my body and my breath.  I had long stretches of just being in the moment, feeling the internal gears click and my bodies rhythms at one with the pavement.

And there were moments when I felt like a pig trying to climb a greased ladder.

Ah the joys of running.

Well, here's hoping that Sunday happens without a hitch.  Here's hoping that I get to celebrate with a huge bowl of noodles in Chinatown.  Here's hoping that, barring a storm, Sunday Football goes back to normal (I mean come on G-men!!!!).

My knees and legs feel strong (if not a wee bit tight).  My fear factor is more or less in check.  I will continue to carb up.  Come on Matthew, blow your ass out to sea.













No comments:

Post a Comment