Tuesday, October 18, 2016

more races to come


I ran 5 miles yesterday which felt pretty good.  I am going to run some intervals tomorrow and another easy 5 miler on Friday.  I am off to Portland Sunday and I will probably try to get in a run or two while I am there.

I signed up the the Cocoa 10 miler in Central Park on January 8th and will be signing up for the Fred Lebow 1/2 Marathon January 22nd.  Both are in Central Park 2 weeks apart.  I am looking forward to the 10 miler as it will give me an opportunity to get to know the course.  I imagine both races will be quite chilly.

I'm excited for tomorrow as I have never done any interval training.  It will be nice to mix things up and hopefully it will help me shave off some time from future races.  I think I will alternate Hill Repeats and Intervals every other Wednesday.  My Weekly Plan should look something like this;

Monday - Easy Run 3-5 miles
Tuesday - Easy Cross Train 30 minutes
Wednesday - Alternate Intervals/Hill Repeats - 10 X 30 seconds run/jog
Thursday - Rest
Friday - Easy Run 3-5 miles
Saturday - Easy Cross Train 30 minutes
Sunday - Long Run

Though it looks like a lot (to me anyway) my Cross Training is literally riding my bike to and from work.  I am not going to be pushing too hard.  I basically have 3 off days.  I am really excited to work on this routine for a bit and see what the results are.  So far I have been really happy NOT pushing myself too much. Now I want to push a little and see what comes of it.

As my intervals and repeats get "easier" I imagine I will push them to 45 seconds, 1 minute, etc...  I am going to spend more time seeing what I need in terms of sustenance on my long runs as well.  I didn't eat during my Staten Island run and that may have slowed me down towards the end.  Alright!  Intervals!  Oh Boy.





No comments:

Post a Comment