Friday, October 28, 2016

hill, barf, repeat


Hill repeats on Wednesday.

NO THANK YOU.

Jesus that was not pleasant.  I can see how it helps build stamina and speed, but it also makes my feel like my lungs are exploding.  I think this is going to be one of those, "I need to make hill repeats my friend!", kind of challenge.   I did 30 seconds sprinting up and 30 seconds jogging back down.  I repeated that 10 times.  I think next week I am going to go to 45/30 second intervals.  Eventually, maybe, I can get to 1 minute/15 second intervals?

I had a buddy come in from out of town at about 2 am last night so I didn't really sleep well.  I skipped todays easy run, but am looking forward to a 6 or 8 miler on Sunday.  Then its back to business as usual.  The knee feels fine and everything seems to be functioning... more or less.

I did try running in the afternoon this week which is something I have yet to do.  I ONLY run in the morning.  It wasn't not pleasant.  I'm intrigued about the idea of, perhaps, running after work sometimes....  Hmmmm.  I guess when I get to training for an ACTUAL Marathon I may have to do 2 a days to get my mileage in, but i'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

I was in Portland Maine for the weekend and I gained about 6 pounds.

So there's that.

Maybe this guy if the weathers nice this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment