Saturday, September 30, 2017

the bright side of things


Week 3 done!  I have been true to my word running no more than 3 days a week.  My distances keeping right around the 5 mile mark. My knees and calves are sore, but I figure that is par for the course (for now).  If I can lose 30-40 pounds I imagine my knees and calves will feel better.

I have been treating myself to fairly large breakfasts after my morning lap as a reward for hard work.  So far they are fairly simple .  Hearty with maybe a touch too much butter.  Whatever keeps me out there. If you're going to dangle a carrot, might as well make it a delicious one.

I went to the doctor yesterday (after a year) and he said that there was no need for me to continue taking blood pressure medicine as my blood pressure has gotten much better. I am going back on Tuesday to do some more tests.  A whole barrage of tests. I have some questions about medication for my knees, strengthening exercises, etc..

Alright, back to work time! 

More to come when there is more to say.




eggs & grits with kielbasa 

No comments:

Post a Comment